Great War Spearhead war gaming resources
This area of the web site provides playing aids to help 'gamers enjoy their Great War Spearhead games even more.
Listed below are the original GWSH 'gaming resources. Additional resources will be added over time.
In the meantime, all of the following resources can be found at the original 'The Great Adventure' web site.
- Combined Data Cards, 1914, Western Front: data cards for Belgian, British Empire, French and German troops presented on one easily referenced page.
- Combined Data Cards, 1915, Western Front: data cards for Belgian, British Empire, French and German troops as the war progresses into its first year of trench warfare, presented on one easily referenced page.
- Map grids for quick map drawing: 8'x5', and 6'x6' : pdf downloads for easy use.
- Trench scenery sections: photos from Chris Salander illustrating his solution to modeling trench sections on the war games table.
- Building barbed wire entanglements: some ideas from Tim Brown.
- Base labels, in pdf format. There are enough labels to label bases for 3 divisions. These labels follow the system I use, where I simply label each Regiment/Brigade numerically starting at 1. So for example in British Divisions, the first Brigade is numbered 1. By the time I get to the second division, its first brigade will be labeled 4 etc. TM stands for Trench Mortar.
- Summary of rules additions, amendments and clarifications on the Great War Spearhead official web site, guaranteed to make games even more interesting and challenging.
- World War 1 sources: some useful publications, with reviews and comments on some books that 'gamers have found useful and interesting.